Click here to view the Metros Constitution, last updated May 2019.
Each session has its own risk assessment and policy framework, links below. The common, summary elements are:-
- All runners should be registered members of Metros and provide their contact details
- All runners have an individual responsibility to not attend if they have symptoms
- All runners should register before the session (to allow track and trace if necessary)
- On arrival the runners should identify themselves and get checked off on the register
- The maximum number of runners allowed per session is 30.
- The Session/Run and assembly beforehand is to be in subgroups – a maximum of 10 per subgroup
- The Session coordinator is to identify if more than 10 are attending and set up subgroups, and co-opt and brief sub-group leaders as necessary
- The session coordinator is responsible for confirming who is in attendance
- Runners attending should not turn up excessively early, and pre-run, not congregate in large groups, and maintain good separation
- A staggered start is to be encouraged – a small time gap (30s/100metres) between each sub-group starting is adequate
- During the run, keep a good separation, even when re-grouping at pauses
- At the end, keep the socialisation to a minimum and disperse promptly
In the interests of safety, dogs are not allowed to participate at Metros sessions. At the request of the manager of the scout hut, excepting guide dogs, dogs are also not permitted in the scout hut.
During a training session every adult is responsible for themselves and any child/children under their direct care.
Whenever you attend a training session, please inform the session coordinator / leader if you have any injury or other medical condition.
If you participate in one of Metros Saturday morning races or challenges, please give your name to the person(s) organising the event and report back to them if you drop out. This applies particularly to events where the course is mainly on the streets and is to enable us to check whether anyone has lost their way or suffered an injury or accident.
In the event of an incident involving any Metro and First Aid it is advisable to complete the form here.
A “dog tag” for personal information can be obtained from Pat Jackson for £1.00
Metros & Parental Responsibility
Metros is a family running club and we welcome children accompanied by their parents or guardians. At no time must your child be unaccompanied at a Metros session; we cannot accept responsibility for unaccompanied children or offer individual memberships to children.
Metros and Data Protection
The Metros membership records are the main records that we have. This includes e’mail address, home address, phone numbers, date of birth for yourself and any linked family members who you are authorised to administer
This data is stored in a professionally managed database run by Webcollect. The data that Metros hold which can idenify you specifically is only shared with one other organisation – England Athletics – and then only if you opt for EA membership. We do also share limited data with other running clubs when you participate in leagues Metros are part of; by taking part in these league events you are giving your consent to us sharing your name and date of birth.
By applying to become a member of Metros, you are agreeing to this use of your data.
How is your data used by Metros?
- To calculate age graded / age category results (date of birth)
- For emergency purposes (phone numbers)
- To deliver membership cards (addresses)
- To contact you about Metros related matters and as a primary key for the database (email)
Who can see your data?
The people who have access to your data are the Membership secretary (and their nominated back up), Chairperson, Secretary.
How long do we keep your data?
If you have never renewed before, and you choose not to renew, we’ll delete your membership record two months after the renewal date. If you have renewed before, we’ll give you an extra month then we’ll delete the data. Once your membership record is deleted, you’ll no longer be able to access the Metros website member section. You can re-join any time but you’ll go through the same process as a new member.
Finally, to allow us to manage club running records, we keep a simple log of all members we’ve ever had – just name and date of birth, nothing else.
If you have any queries or concerns about any of these policies, please get in touch using the contact form.